What is EZShield Identity Theft Protection?
- EZShield will monitor activity associated with your Identity Theft Elements and make available to you a set of Reports & Alerts about activity that may indicate identity theft or misrepresentation.
What are "Identity Theft Elements"?
- In performing and displaying the Identity Theft Protection service ("Service"), EZShield will securely review and store your Protected Identity Elements as follows:
Protected Identity Elements
- 1 individual name
- 1 street address
- 3 telephone numbers
- 1 Social Security Number
- Up to 10 e-mail addresses
- Up to 10 bank accounts and 10 credit card & debit cards
- Up to 10 Medical ID cards
- Up to 5 Passports
What are all the Monitoring Services available?
- Below is a list of the monitoring services available. More information and the opportunity to subscribe to certain Monitoring Services you don't currently have can be found through the link on the "Upgrade Services page".
More services may be made available as we expand our offerings and match the dynamic changes in the Identity Theft space.
- EZShield Internet Monitoring: "CyberScan" searches of certain data and records available on the Internet to identify any known risks involving Customer's Protected Identity Elements
- EZShield Credit Monitoring: Credit Report Monitoring (1 or 3 bureau)
- EZShield Public Records Monitoring: USPS Change of Address Monitoring, Court Record Monitoring, Customized Name and Alias List, Customized Known Address List, Pay Day Loan Monitoring, and Sex Offender Registry Monitoring
Why did my status change on my monitoring?
- Variations appeared on accounts and public records. Changes may be due to clerical error, errors filling out applications or earliest signs of identity theft.
Why and when are you going to email me?
- You will receive immediate email notification when a change is reported on any of the monitors to which you subscribe. In addition, if you have no changes during the month, we will send a courtesy email reminding you that the service is still active on your behalf and pointing you to educational information about Identity Theft prevention and trends.
By signing a Limited Power of Attorney, who am I giving permission to access my information?
- The Limited Power of Attorney will provide EZShield Resolution Specialists access to only the records that are involved in resolving your case. Providing a Limited Power of Attorney is only required if you would like our Resolution Specialists to work on your behalf instead of just advising you on how to resolve issues yourself.
Will EZShield have access to my credit information if I purchase Identity Theft Protection?
- EZShield will not have access to your credit information. You will be sent updates when there are changes in your credit information but EZShield will not be notified of the nature of such changes.
Will the Identity Theft Protection program tell me who has my information that caused my status to change?
- Yes, the company will be listed in the alert.
What should I do if I can't log into my Identity Theft Protection dashboard?
- You will need to speak to a Resolution Specialist to identify the specific problem and its solution. Call 1-888-439-7443.
What can I do if I forgot my EZShield password?
- On the login page, select Forgot ID or Forgot Password and answer the security question. You will receive a new one-time use password via email. You should then log in and change your password.
How do I report possible identity theft or unusual activity in my reports?
- Contact EZShield immediately if you see any activity that concerns you. You can report fraud or suspicious activity by clicking "Report Fraud" at the top of the website and filling out our form, or by calling a Resolution Specialist right away by calling 1-888-439-7443. By filling out the "Report Fraud" form, or contacting us directly, your case will be given our highest priority.
How do I get in touch with EZShield?
- EZShield has 24/7 Customer Support, Resolution Specialists are available from
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST Monday - Friday. You can call 1-888-439-7443.